Monday, October 18, 2010

Silly Bandz

They are all the rage here. Still. Kate comes home daily with some new ones that friends either give her or loan her. Sometimes she has lots, sometimes she seems to have only a few. Somehow over the weekend she ended up with none.

I haven't actually purchased any Silly Bandz. It seemed that Kate was having enough fun just acquiring them from friends. Plus I hate buying trinkets. You know that Silly Bandz are just future landfill. And I am overly fearful of spoiling her by giving her everything her friends have. And I thought maybe the fad would last until Christmas so I could use Silly Bandz as stocking stuffers. And she has never actually asked me to buy her any.

However, this morning as we were getting ready for school, she had a bunch of regular brown rubber bands on her arm. She told me that they are *real* silly bands and make shapes when she takes them off. I wanted to know what shapes. She told me that they make potatoes and seeds.

Insert mommy guilt moment right here.

Poor girl. I appreciate the creativity, but she'll probably have some real Silly Bandz by this afternoon...

4 comments:

Stam House said...

I actually love her creativity and resourcefulness :-)

Dawn said...

Ha! That's cute. I caved on this fad to, and bought my son some. They are all the rage at his school. They're no longer allowed in the classroom though. Apparently they were too distracting. ;)

PopMom said...

Can anyone say Madonna bracelets???? Furthermore, they are not cheap unless you get the non-branded ones at a drug store or something. Not my favorite fad now but I had tons back in the good ole 80's!

Marie Green said...

My girls have these too. They liked them well enough, but other kids obviously like them MORE and now they are banned in one of the girls' classrooms. And as you can probably guess, she now LOVES SILLY BANDZ WILL ALL OF HER HEART.