Friday, September 17, 2010

Blackberry Picking

Did I forget to blog about blackberry picking?!?

When we went apple picking a few weeks ago, Miss D was practically beside herself at the sight of the blackberry bushes. They were full of red berries that needed just a few more days. I could tell she really wanted to go blackberry picking, so we made plans.
We waited until the farm had been closed a few days so the berries wouldn't be over picked. I barely stopped the car when I dropped the kids off at school, drove right over to pick up Miss D, rushed out to the farm, and got there just as they were opening.
We picked and picked and had a marvelous time. Miss D made a blackberry pie (remember I said she was quite the pie maker?). I had to freeze mine because of our trip to Santa Fe, but I'm planning on making some blackberry jam in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Penny said...

yum!