Monday, July 05, 2010

June Running

June miles = 85
2010 YTD miles = 422.5
Miles/month to meet 1000 mile goal = 96.25
(going to be a stretch to get there, but I'm going to keep tracking!)

Random running thoughts:
  • Now running in my orthotics full time. My first long in them gave me a whopping blister on the bottom of my foot (actually, I didn't finish that run because the blister HURT. Then I didn't run for a few days because I didn't want the blister to ruin my retreat)
  • Just got two new pairs of shoes. The ones that I've always run (except in teal this time), plus I got a pair of trail runners. I've wanted to get a pair of trail runners because my light hikers are too stiff for running down the trail after doing the incline and my regular runners didn't seem tough enough when I ran in Arches. When I saw that they came out with a trail version of my running shoe, I decided it was worth trying them out. Despite being so anxious to get them, I haven't actually run in them yet, so we'll see.
  • Half marathon #2 is less than 2 weeks away. Eeek! In some ways I feel more prepared for this one, and in some ways less prepared. My base is much stronger this time, but I haven't been quite as rigid with my training schedule as I was for Austin. Plus this one is at altitude. We'll see how it all plays out. It's all just for fun anyway.
  • Have a practice "mini" triathlon this week! ACK!
  • Have a my first injury that is impairing my running routine. Pulled a muscle in my right thumb while cutting thick fabric for a quilt (how kooky is that?!?). Doesn't actually affect my strides, but I can't hold my big or my small water bottle with that hand now. I switched to a belt which I think I like it better anyway.
  • Been having some left shoulder pain when I run (seeing that I used to work with cardiac patients, I immediately thought I was having a heart attack!). Saw a massage therapist last week. She thinks it is tightness in my right hip being referred to my left shoulder. Might be correct since my right hip is usually the place I hurt when I up my miles too fast. Need to start back to yoga!!
  • Tall Mom on the Run opened up her 1000+ Mile Club to anyone who has at least 333 miles. I qualify, so I'm joining!

4 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

That is one KOOKY injury!! Glad you are excited to join the club and you seems to have the miles already to make it... just figure out what you need per week to meet your goal and RUN!

Bummer about the blisters, I had the same issue in a couple pairs of shoes. Shoes are such a PAIN some times!

Hugs! Mel

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Thanks for the book info, I have been meaning to read that book, seems right up my ally :)

Kristin said...

Good for you! I really want to do a mini-tri for my 30th in September but feel I might be pushing it....what sort of a training schedule do you use for the tri?

Tiffany said...

Yea! I was thinking of you when I posted that blog entry. I was also thinking of you because we were sitting in the Colorado Springs Airport.