Saturday, June 26, 2010

Travel Meme

When we went out for Chinese food last week, the fortune in my cookie said, "A short vacation is in order for you." That's my kind of fortune! And now it is coming true. I've been gone on a little solo trip since Thursday. Can't wait to fill you in on the details.

But in the meantime, here is a meme I got from Penny

1. What country and/or state do you live in? Colorado, USA

2.
What was the last country you visited other than your own (or that you want to if you haven’t been out of your country? It has been so long since I've been out of the country! I'm guessing it was our ski trip to Fernie, Canada. Maybe I've crossed into Mexico since then, but only for the day.

3. What is your favorite kind of trip (i.e. camping, laying on the beach, cruise, etc.)? No preference. I like all of it, although I prefer anything that involves being outdoors.

4.
What is the farthest location south that you have gone? South Africa

5.
What is the farthest location north that you have gone? Alaska

6.
What is our preferred mode of transportation when traveling long distances? Airplanes... first class. Okay, that may not be how I actually travel, but is is my preferred mode.

7.
What kind of vehicle do you own or would like to own? I drive a Volvo for its safety features. I still want an Airstream B190 for road trips. I imagine I'll be working that angle for awhile.

8.
What is your ideal destination? Can there be such a thing as an ideal destination? Right now I'd like to complete my goal of visiting all 50 states, then I'll move on to continents. Just have Australia, South America (unless being in southern central America counts?) and Antartica.

9.
Who is your favorite travel companion? Me, myself and I. Or my friend Elizabeth. Or the kids.

10.
What is the largest city you have visited? NYC. I think only Tokyo is bigger, right?

11.
What destination would you recommend to a friend? I don't think I could choose just one place. Depends on what they are looking for in their trip.

12.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Ah, this question is the source of eternal debate in our house! We normally allow ourselves to split our imaginary time between two places. Some popular combos lately... Austin/Colorado. Colorado/Hawaii. Colorado/Minnesota lake house. Hawaii/Vancouver.

2 comments:

Marie Green said...

I like the Minnesota lake house idea. ;)

Penny said...

I want to go to Antarctica too!