Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Goals

School has been out for 5 weeks already! I'm having wonderful summer fun with the kids, but I feel like I'm floundering a bit in other aspects of my life. While I can't complain about a life of all fun and play, I would like to accomplish a few things this summer. I go to a weekly goal setting meeting with a few other moms, and last week I set summer goals for myself. Hoping by putting them out here, I'll feel a little more accountable. It is also getting close to a quarterly review of my New Years Resolutions.

Financial Goals
  • Be on budget (I am now using Mvelopes thanks to the recommendation of someone in this group!)
  • Meet monthly savings goals (I have amounts for investments, travel, and future car)
Spiritual Goals
  • Choose a church to attend (I think I finally found one I like!)
  • Meditate 3x/week
Health/Fitness
  • Complete Sprint Triathlon
  • Find a regular healthcare provider for myself
Family/Kids
  • Start an allowance and chore chart system
Home/Garden
  • Declutter House and Garage (isn't decluttering always ongoing? But I need another jumpstart!)
Community Goals
  • Maintain volunteer hours
Me/Creativity
  • Complete 3 quilts
  • Finish current crochet project (I've been working on it - or rather NOT working on it! - for months)

2 comments:

Jill M said...

Good for you Kristen. I've been reading your posts lately, but I didn't figure out until now that you have a blog. That's cool. I've been floundering a bit too. It's totally an ebb and flow with me. I had a dream that I had to take another job (teaching for Ms. Couper for 8 weeks) and I was really nervous about how I was going to be able to do anything but work.

Marie Green said...

I love hearing about other people's goals... gets me thinking.