Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Storing Herbs

Speaking of herbs... thought I might share how to store clipped herbs to make them last longer. (Wish I could remember the source of this info to give credit.)

Some herbs prefer to stay moist for storage. Wrap in a damp napkin or towel and keep in the fridge in a sealed, reusable container.

For herbs that like to stay dry, wrap them in a dry napkin and keep in the fridge in a sealed, reusable container.


Keep Wet
Basil
Mint
Parsley
Cilantro

Keep Dry
Rosemary
Thyme
Chives
Sage

For other ideas on storing herbs, here is my post on drying basil. I dry most of my leafy herbs in the same manner. And check out this link for cilantro pesto. It is so good that I planted extra cilantro just to make it!

1 comment:

Marie Green said...

Fresh herbs are one of the most fantastic things about summer!! And thanks for the link... that cilantro pesto is SO good!