Sunday, June 27, 2010

Retreat

I've spent the last 4 days at the Shambhala Mountain Center at a retreat called Running with the Mind of Meditation & Yoga. Runner's World had an article about the program a few months ago. I had already signed up for the program when the article came out and wasn't sure how I felt about the program getting so much press right before I attended. However, the article brought a number of valuable participants, so in the end I was pleased.

I've been meditating (or attempting to meditate anyway) for well over a year, if not closer to 2 years. I just haven't been quite able to formulate a practice. I was very inspired by the meditation instructor (such a soothing voice!) on our trip to Red Mountain back in November but still didn't maintain a regular practice. I see now that an intensive group program was what I needed. I really think this weekend was my break through. I'm actually looking forward to meditating tomorrow!

I want to go on and on about the program but won't. Just know that it was extremely enjoyable and beneficial for me and that I would recommend it to anyone.

Image from the Shambhala Mountain Center website

2 comments:

Nona said...

How cool, Kristen!!! I would love to hear more about it!

xo

Dawn said...

That sounds like an amazing place. I'm glad you were able to go. I would love to attend something like that.