Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Little Rascals

Last night I was looking around outside for Oscar (our kitten - now almost cat!) when I heard a funny, squeaky, scratchy noise coming from the front yard. I went to investigate and just as I rounded the front corner of the house I saw a (big!) mommy raccoon coming down our front tree with 3 baby raccoons attempting to follow her. They were so cute with their little tails and funny noises. I hollered for Matt to come see which scared the little guys back up. I attempted a few photos, but my camera wasn't focusing well in the dark. I managed to get a few.
Cute Rascal
Little Guy with his siblings' tails
Trying to scurry away to a higher branch
We could hear them chattering through our open window as we went to sleep. I just hope they'll come out early one evening so the kids can see them also!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Just don't keep your dog food outside or where they can get to it. Years ago I found one in our mud room because that was where we kept the dog food and he/she was not too nice either!

Penny said...

hee hee - cute!