Saturday, May 01, 2010

Kids' Race

Last night we took the kids to this year's first Kokopelli Kids Race. The kids love it and both did great. I liked that they ran at different times - Jack in the preschool race and Kate in the kindergarten race - so that there was no competition between them and so they could each cheer each other on. Both races were a 1/2 mile course, and both kids ran a faster pace than I do... lovely. We had fun and can't wait for the next one.

The first (and only other!) time we have done this series was back in 2007 when Jack was only 2 and Kate was 3. It was such a flop that we waited 3 years to try again. Look how much my babies have grown!

2007
2010
I wanted to snap photos of the kids at the finish line but also wanted to have some video of each of them, so I had the kids take the videos of each other. Jack's video of Kate is priceless! If you listen in the video, you'll hear me tell Jack to "follow her all the way to the finish line." It seemed obvious to me that I just wanted him to turn the camera towards the finish line, but Jack took me literally and took off running to catch Kate at the finish. Two falls, a bit of being lost, and a child's view of the crowd, but he finally got the finish line shot that he thought I wanted...

3 comments:

ashlee said...

oh my gosh. i'm so dizzy after watching that clip! ;)

what fun! i remember that they ran in that race years ago, but were they really that little????

and it's amusing to me that jack's just at the height of all the adults bums. i'll try to keep that in mind with my little ones!

fun fun fun. bode now wants to run a race, too.

Penny said...

LOL!! go kids!

Tiffany said...

What fun. Don't you hate it when your kids grown up! Mikayla is turning 5 on Friday and I can't believe it. I told her I don't want her to grow up and she said she can't stop it, it just happens - except to me. Mommies don't get older!