Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"First Baby" Quilt

I want to start sharing some of the quilts I've been making on my new machine (which I love, love, love!!!), but I wasn't planning on showing them on my blog until after I've given them away. I'm not sure I can make it that long for some of them.

This one I titled "First Baby" as it is the first baby quilt I've given away and is going to a first baby expected in early July. I used Moda fabric from the Botany line with a quilt on this blog as the inspiration. I didn't think to measure it, but it is about the size of a standard crib quilt.



I just discovered the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I'm going to be brave and submit the first quilt I've ever blogged!

16 comments:

PopMom said...

This is beautiful!!

Marie Green said...

Oh, I love it! I am so impressed with people who can quilt... and I love your taste in fabric and the quilt design. Way to go! They will love it.

EcoverUS said...

Wow. I am impressed! So nice to see people making hand-crafted items. Good job!
-Deb for Ecover

quiltilicious said...

Lovely quilt. I have a Bernina 440QE too!

erica said...

It's so pretty! Congrats on being able to part with it!

Michele said...

such a lovely little quilt! i love baby quilts that break away from the standard pastel colours. very sweet indeed!

Denise said...

Great quilt!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is beautiful L! Quilting is your art eh? Look up artist Faith Ringgold. :)

Keahi

Penny said...

beautiful!

Dawn said...

You used such pretty colors for this quilt and did such a great job!

Felicity said...

So cute!

Katie B. said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the fabric.

ashlee said...

That quilt is BEAUTIFUL!

Leslie said...

this is such a stunning baby quilt...they are such great colors.

AnnieO said...

Darling quilt, ready to be loved. What a great first quilt! Than kyou for sharing your quilt's story :)

Eileen said...

very nice--the fabrics and colors are lovely. thanks for sharing. come visit my site: http://fligamapoof.blogspot.com/
i'm having a little giveaway this week