Saturday, May 08, 2010

Another Week Gone

Has it really been a full week since I posted on this silly blog? I have so many things I mean to write about but not the time to actually do it. Life seems to be going by at lightning pace as we get closer to the end of the school year, but it is full of all good things.
  • Got to spend some child-free, dessert time with my friend Ashlee.
  • Was plastered up for my orthotics.
  • Went to the kids' school carnival. Photo shows two tired children coming off their sugar high!
  • Had date night with Matt at the gym (so romantic, huh?) followed by dinner at Shuga's.
  • The kids ran in the Kokopelli Kids Race #2. Kate did about the same as last week. Jack started strong but got a side ache midway through (must be in the genes!) and only the Gatorade and gummy fruits could lure him across the finish line.
  • Matt took me on my first official road bike ride through the Garden of the Gods. I'm definitely more of a "touring" biker than a "racing" biker. I actually prefer the uphills over the downhills because I don't like going faster than about 15mph. Overall it was great, but the stop at Starbuck's was my favorite part of the ride.

2 comments:

Marie Green said...

I would agree that the end of the school year is so busy and just flies by!

Also, I cannot (CANNOT) do any sort of activity that takes me down hill at fast speeds. Bike, roller blade, ski, NADA. I get so scared I panic and cause myself to have an accident.

Good thing I live in nice, flat, Minnesota, right?

brenna said...

This time of year really goes so fast! And it seems to go faster and faster as I get older... so much to do and not enough time to do it in.