Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sleeping Under the Stars

The last two nights I've been up in the mountains getting everything ready for some spring break visitors that will be staying up there. I slept on the couch both nights (I'm lazy and didn't want to wash sheets!) and found a pleasant bonus to my sleeping site - the two skylights straight above. The clear nights gave me an amazing view of the stars as I fell asleep and a few glimpses during the night when I would wake and roll over. I couldn't help but sing that silly song Somewhere Out There to myself ("and when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby, it helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky...") So now I've decided that someday I am going to have skylights above my bed so I can look at the stars every night as I fall asleep.

3 comments:

lifesmyjourney said...

Wow! Thats a great idea. Now you fired up my imagination.. may be someday I'll get to do the same :)

BTW thanks for this blog! I love what you post. Very useful information...

Jen said...

I love your skylights too!...my favorite thing to do was take a nap in the chilly house with the afternoon sun coming in through the skylights warming me.

Colorado Knitter said...

I had a friend that lived in a "cabin" in Nederland for a year. it had skylights in almost every room. My favorite though wad the one over the clawfoot tub in the bathroom. It also had a big window that looked out over the valley so you could soak and commune with the outdoors~