Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Running

March miles: 55 (better but still so far below planned!)
2010 YTD miles: 171.5

I'm not even going to post how many miles left to meet that silly 1000 mile goal! I would have to run an average of 92 miles/month for the remainder of the year. While my mileage should go up significantly the next few months and that is technically still doable, I doubt I'll do it. This self-set goal is sorta frustrating because I feel like I'm not doing anything, but really it doesn't accurately depict my other activities. Gotta keep reminding myself that despite not getting the miles down, I'm still very active. My current "exercise" routine looks something like this (although mommyhood tends to alter this plan frequently):

Monday - swim laps for 30 min while the kids take swim lessons
Tuesday - strength training at the gym (sometimes I try to fit in a short run)
Wednesday - yoga or run or rest (I haven't been to yoga all month!)
Thursday - strength training at the gym + run
Friday - yoga or rest
Saturday/Sunday - run at least one day plus whatever we are doing as a family - ski, hike, bike, etc.

It is also a 1 mile roundtrip walk to Kate's school twice a day. That's anywhere from 5-10 miles/week (of walking, not running, but moving forward!) that I'm not counting in my totals.

My goal for April is to try to add in one more short run a week. We'll see if I manage to do it.
I am going to continue to track my mileage. It is motivating, and I'd like to see where I am at the end of the year.

Oh - and speaking of running, Running Diva Mom has a big giveaway, but hurry as it ends tomorrow!

2 comments:

Dimity and Sarah said...

rockin' it, KL! nice job.

Running Diva Mom said...

Thanks for posting my giveaway on your blog! Good luck!

And, great job on the miles! You are doing awesome!!