Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reusing a Yoga Mat

Last week was a great week for me. It started out with the longest run I've ever done (8 miles) which hurt. A lot. I finally started back to yoga class and went twice last week. I ended my week with yet another longest run (10 miles) which didn't hurt. Well, I was a bit tired and sore, but it didn't hurt. I'm chalking the pain-free run up to all the yoga. In between my two longest runs, I got the kids back to school, went to the the gym twice, did some shorter runs, went on a date (with my husband), and went to the dentist (okay, that wasn't so great... have a cavity...)

This week is shaping up to be a good week as well. Back to the gym, back to the dentist, back to yoga, back to my running schedule. Plus a few other fun things.

And speaking of yoga, I can not find my yoga mat anywhere. I've scoured the house, the car, the garage. I can't imagine where it could be. I don't want to keep "renting" one from the studio, so I've been doing a little research on yoga mats. I still haven't decided what I am going to get. I went into it thinking I would surely get some kind of "eco" mat, but most of the reviews report that the eco mats fall apart pretty quickly. Not very green if you must keep replacing it. So I haven't decided.

But in my search, I found this and thought it would be fun to share. 30 Ways To Reuse A Yoga Mat

4 comments:

Marie Green said...

Wow, eight miles... wait, TEN miles! You are amazing!

Penny said...

hope you find your mat :)

Tiffany said...

I did not know you were running those kinds of miles! I remember when a 10K scared you. Good job and keep it up. I am trying to get in shape for a marathon in April.

Apple said...

thanks so much for posting that link for yoga mat uses. i love find ways to re-purpose stuff that is no longer living up to what it's first sue was.