Friday, January 01, 2010

Personal (r)evolution in 2010

Happy New Year!!

Hope you are feeling as good as I am this year. I love going to bed early and NOT ringing in the New Year.

Remember way back in September when I was going to post my School Year Resolutions and never did? Well, probably okay since I didn't even come close to accomplishing any of them. I am putting my 2010 resolutions out here so maybe someone will hold me accountable. I think they are lofty yet totally attainable.
  1. Run a 1/2 marathon (scheduled for Feb 14th in Austin)
  2. Run a 5K in my goal time (I wanted to do this in 2009 but didn't get it done. Mostly because I haven't run a race since August...)
  3. Go to yoga 1-2x/week (I feel so good when I go yet I've only been to one class since school started... and that was back on my birthday in September! Plus lately I'm really tight in my hips as I've been increasing my running mileage)
  4. Check off two more states towards my goal of visiting all 50 (I only have Oregon, Michigan, Delaware, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and South Carolina left... Michigan is already scheduled for this summer)
  5. Visit 2 new national parks with the kids (probably Acadia, Sand Dunes, Rocky Mountain - I've been to Rocky Mountain but the kids haven't - or Mesa Verde)
  6. Make a quilt.

My resolution list could go on and on, but I am stopping there for now and will reasses in a few months. I actually have some additional goals for my 2010 personal (r)evolution - don't you love that term?!? I will be joining my friend and fellow blogger and amazing life coach (she can pretty darn accurately read a situation by what I write - and maybe don't write - in an email) Nona to get there.

5 comments:

John at Cell Phone Recycling said...

I did have a great start for this year and I hope it will continue all year round. About my resolution, I am shredding some pounds and working out is not just the key but to have a proper diet so I am promising myself to eat more vegetables and less meat.

Happy New year to everyone.

Nona said...

Thanks for the shout out Kristen!

I can't wait to see how 2010 unfolds for you. Hopefully, we'll be in Oregon when you hit that milestone so the kids can play together.

Happy new year, chica!

xx

PopMom said...

When you come East this summer you can easily check off Mass and Rhode Island...might I suggest the Roger Williams Zoo in Providence which is Northern RI (along with Fellini Pizzeria in Prov.) For Mass, you MUST hit a beach...Good Harbor or Wingaersheek in Gloucestor are in Northern MA and gorgeous (see my blog for pics this summer of the kids having a great time at Wing. Beach. The sand bar goes out so far and all these little pools of water collect to play in. Plus you'll be close to Acadia when in Maine. Let me know if you need ideas or any help planning!

Angela Miller said...

Kristen, you have to let me know when you come to Oregon. We would make a special trip to come see you. Maybe another trip to the zoo together :) LOL!

used cell phone said...

good resolution u took..so nw wat is the status are still with them....i opted to go yoga classes for this year's resolution..which i am going and will continue