Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Meme

From Marie from whom I seem to steal all post ideas.

Eggnog or hot chocolate? hot chocolate... with marshmallows!

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? Santa fills the stockings and leaves a present or two unwrapped under the tree. But Mom doesn't put out all the presents until Christmas Eve. That way it looks like bunches of presents arrived over night.

Colored lights on tree or white? Oddly enough, I prefer colored, blinking lights on the tree, but currently have white, non-blinking lights. I think I couldn't find colored LED the year I bought them. Might have to change that next year.

Do you hang mistletoe? I should have hung some in our entry. Not sure where to get the real stuff (not going to do the fake, plastic mistletoe)

When do you put decorations up? I put up a few the weekend after Christmas and just add to it as we get closer. The tree usually doesn't go up until 1-2 weeks before Christmas.

What's your favorite holiday dish? Fudge!!

Do you open gifts Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? We open a few gifts Christmas Eve (always PJs and books) and everything else Christmas morning

How do you decorate your tree? Lights and personal ornaments. All of our ornaments have meaning. Most are souvenirs from travels.

Snow. Love it or hate it? Love it as long as I don't have to go anywhere and it isn't too cold

Can you ice skate? I can go forwards and backward and sorta around. But not in a steady way.

What's your favorite holiday desserts? Fudge!!

What's your favorite holiday tradition? Putting out our Christmas clock that plays a carol every hour

Candy Canes- yum or yuck? yuck on the minty ones, yum on the cherry ones!

Favorite show? Old version of "Miracle on 34th Street." Can you believe that I've never seen "It's A Wonderful Life?"

1 comment:

Marie Green said...

I've never seen that movie either! Also, you said what I was trying to say better: I want "real" mistletoe, if I'm going to do it, but I haven't seen it anywhere in years....

It's blowing my mind that Santa doesn't have to wrap toys. Whoever started that was BRILLIANT!