Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Cards

Sending out holiday cards is one tradition that I have not been able to give up despite the fact that it is far from being "green." The alternatives - no card, email greetings, etc. - just don't work for me. But I am trying to slowing improve what I send out. This year I opted for a postcard. Much less paper with no folded card and no envelope. I also am telling myself that the energy used to deliver the cards is less (but somehow I doubt that my scant 120 cards are making too big of an impact. Although I guess if everyone did it, the combined effort would be substantial.) Plus I found some other unexpected benefits. No stuffing and licking envelopes and less postage (only 28 cents!). I ordered our cards from Zazzle this year. Zazzle has some info about using paper with recycled content for some products, but I wasn't clear about the postcards. I'll do a little more research before sending out cards for 2010.
ps - I just mailed the cards, so if you are expecting one from me, it probably hasn't arrived yet! Hope I'm not ruining the "surprise" of getting it in the mail!

3 comments:

Marie Green said...

Those turned out great... I think I decided yesterday (really decisive, I know) to do New Year's cards this year. ;)

Angela Miller said...

What a nice card! I just mailed mine out yesterday. I'm hoping people get them before Christmas :) I'm not sure if I have your new address or if it is going to the old address?

Tiffany said...

This year I decided against Christmas cards - mostly because of money and I just didn't feel like doing them. I have noticed that so far we have been receiving less than we normally do,