Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cranberry Sauce Muffins

I made these muffins after Thanksgiving and liked them so much that I actually made more cranberry sauce just so I could make more muffins! I would share a photo except that we ate them all too fast (it only makes 12 muffins although I got a few additional minis out of the recipe) I also want to try this cranberry-streusel corn muffin recipe from Country Living this weekend. They have Rosemary-Cranberry Sorbet that sounds amazing, but it has been too darn cold to even think about sorbet.

Cranberry Sauce Muffins
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 T ground flax
1 T wheat germ
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup oil (I use walnut or canola)
1 egg
1 cup cranberry sauce
1-2 T sugar

Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tin with baking cups (the unbleached, recycled ones!)

Combine flour through salt. Mix well.

In a separate bowl, blend milk through egg.

Gently fold liquid ingredients into dry ingredients until just moist. Loosely stir in cranberry sauce.

Fill muffin cups 3/4 full of batter. Sprinkle some sugar over each cup.

Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thank you for posting a recipe that I can use for the can of cranberry sauce that my mother bought but never opened! Each time I open the pantry I look at it and think "what can I do with this?"