Friday, November 13, 2009

South Africa

This is where I was 10 years ago today.
That's me and my friend Elizabeth. We were camping with her husband and a few of their friends on a beach in South Africa. The best camping spot ever.

Fall 1999 was kinda a crazy time for me for lots of reasons. I needed something, so fairly last minute I arranged time off work at the hospital and took off to South Africa for 3 weeks. A truly unforgettable trip. Exploring the Capetown area was great, and our trip to Krueger National Park was absolutely incredible. Partly because of the sights, mostly because of the company.

You might hear more about the trip in another post. Some other photos of the trip that I've scanned...

View of Table Mountain from our hike on Lion's Head
Beach
Cape Point
Blyde River Canyon
Krueger National Park
(see the croc sunbathing in the bottom left corner of the photo?)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Amazing. I would love to travel and see so many places. But not yet - someday though!

Penny said...

:)

John at Cell Phone Recycling said...

Such a beautiful paradise. Ive been dreaming to travel in South Africa, I just hope.... someday. The beach, the mountains and the rivers are just awesome.