Sunday, November 08, 2009

On Love

A couple more favorite bits from Simple Truths. These from the chapter On Love. I could quote the whole chapter (actually, I could quote the whole book!) but that is just too much typing for me.

Love is more than the sum of the interests and attractions and commonalities that two people share. And just as life itself is a gift that comes and goes in its time, the coming of love must be taken as an unfathomable gift that cannot be questioned in its ways.

and

Remember this and keep it in your heart. You don't choose love. Love chooses you. All you can really do is accept it for all its mystery when it comes into your life. Feel the way it fills you to overflowing, then reach out and give it away. Give it back to the person who brought it to you. Give it to others who seem poor in spirit. Give it to the world around you in any way you can.

2 comments:

Urban Homesteader said...

Kristen,
I just found your blog and I absolutely love it! I live in Colorado, too, and completely relate to your goals. I just added your URL to my list of favorite blogs and will be back to visit often.
All the best,
Eliza

Penny said...

noice :)