Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Interview

I kinda hesitate to blog about this in case it doesn't work out, but I have an interview this morning. It is *only* a volunteer position, but I could still use some good thoughts. I'm not sure what to expect in the interview. I certainly hope it is more informational than interrogational as my interview skills are a bit rusty. I'd really like the opportunity to be a good fit for me and my life situation. I think it will give me a bit of fulfillment that I've been missing lately. If it all works out, I'll give more details.

Update - It went really well. Mostly an informational interview. Just a background check and a volunteer orientation away from doing something a bit more beneficial with my free time. As an added bonus, I might even get to help with the organization's social networking.

4 comments:

PopMom said...

Don't worry about formal interview skills. Just be yourself. You seem to be an energetic, positive person. You have to be caring to come from a background of nursing. You obviously like to educate yourself as shown by the research you do on topics you are interested in. You have to be team-oriented to have lived in the co-housing community. What else would they want?

Marie Green said...

Oh, man, I have no interview tips as I am more than a bit rusty myself... but I hope it goes well. Can't wait to hear more details!

Rana said...

I am the EXPERT in interviews as of lately lol!
Since it is a volunteer position, I'm sure there will be more "about you" oriented questions. You're so fun, I'm sure you'll do amazing and they'll love you.
I miss all you Lowery's so very much. I hope to see you all very soon! Hugs and kisses,
Rana

Tiffany said...

Be yourself and have fun. Don't get too serious and don't take it too serious.