Monday, November 23, 2009

Between a Rock and a Soft Place

We're home! Yup, we were gone. For 4 nights. Just Matt and me. Sans kids.

I surprised Matt last week with a trip to the Red Mountain Spa* in St. George, Utah. He had NO IDEA until the night before we left. His mom and her S.O. had arrived for what Matt thought was a short visit. At dinner that night I came out with a birthday cake, and we all sang Happy Birthday. Matt was a bit confused and asked why we were celebrating so early at which point I informed him that we were celebrating early because we won't be here for his birthday.

We quickly packed that night and took off the next morning while his mom watched the kids. I'll try to post more details and photos soon.

*I know that taking my husband to a "spa" for his birthday sounds sorta girly, but this one is a a great place for guys with tons of outdoor activities and healthy food (plus he had mentioned a few times that he wanted to go there).

4 comments:

Marie Green said...

Wow, that sounds absolutely lovely. A couple's message? 4 days w/ no kids? Bliss! I'm so glad you were able to get away.

PopMom said...

Yes, it's a self-serving gift, but mutual relaxation serves him as well :) Glad you had opportunity - what a nice way to focus on him and the 2 of you.

Tiffany said...

How cool! What a great surprise for him!

Penny said...

a lovely surprise :)