Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Total Honesty

We were expecting my friend Gretchen and her little boy (who is exactly Jack's age - same birthday!) for a play date a couple weeks ago. Jack was going to sit on the front porch swing and wait for them to arrive while I took a much needed post-workout shower. Just as I was stepping out of the shower, Jack came into the bathroom asking that I join him on the porch to wait for our friends.

"But, Jack," I said, "I need to get some clothes on."

"No, don't get dressed, come NOW, " he begged me.

"Well, then I'll be naked. What will Gretchen say when she sees me on the porch naked?" I asked.

Jack eyeballed me standing there in my towel and responded, "Mommy, she'd say you look really good!"

Hard to argue with that!

4 comments:

Marie Green said...

That's AWESOME!

My youngest, very lovingly, rubs my thigh and says "Oh, Mama. I just love your lumpy-bumpy legs." I wish I felt the same way about them!

NedaAnn said...

Now, that kid is going to make a REALLY good husband some day.

Penny said...

Awwww :) that's so sweet. Tim tells me I'm cute.

Tiffany said...

Too cute!!!