Sunday, September 13, 2009

Monday Meal Plan

I was busy in the kitchen this morning! Made breadcrumbs, made yogurt, finished the ricotta cheese made from the whey leftover from making mozzarella cheese, made cookies with the kids, made "cupcakes" for snacks this week, froze beans from last week's batch, started soaking some kidney beans for this week (I'll cook them tomorrow). And that was all before noon! I'm rarely that productive.

For brunch the kids and I rode our bikes (despite the chilly day - only in the 50's) to cohousing for a community meal. Always good to see our friends and old neighbors.

Tonight I have my documentary film club. Not sure what the film is, but I can't wait to post about the dish I brought. (Hints: I recreated a dish I recently blogged about and used my homemade ricotta!)

This week in the kitchen I'm planning on canning peaches and pears. Maybe making some jelly. Need to use up zucchini so I'll probably make and freeze more quick loafs. I also need to desperately clean out my pantry and a few other cupboards!

On the menu for this week:

Sunday - Potato and Kale quiche (from The Vegetarian Mother cookbook - total side: for some odd reason Jack thinks that the pregnant woman on the front of the cook book is Jesus! LOL)

Monday - Red bean and quinoa burritos (I can't quickly find this recipe otherwise I would post it!)

Tuesday - Corn pie with homemade tomato salsa (I change up the recipe a bit)

Wednesday - community meal at cohousing

Thursday - concert and picnic night at Kate's school - we ordered the pizza and lemonade through the PTA. I'll probably also pack us a salad.

Friday - grilled steak, tomato-mozzarella couscous salad (I made this with homemade mozzarella for a girls' night out last week - yum!), some veggie TBD

Saturday - leaving it open for going out!

4 comments:

Penny said...

mmmm mmm - love to see photos of your cheese making :)

Courtney said...

looks delish! I think the tomato mozzarella couscous sounds fantastic!

Janelle Sorensen said...

You are such a wealth of knowledge when it comes to eco-friendly, frugal, fun food! You should come and share some wisdom at Eat Healthy - the new site from Healthy Child Healthy World. We'd love to have your input!
http://healthychild.org/blog/comments/celebrate_the_launch_of_eat_healthy_with_some_fantastic_events_and_cool_giv/

Tiffany said...

I have made these "cupcakes" twice so far and the whole family LOVES them.