Saturday, August 01, 2009

Road Trip - Days 3&4

Day 3 of our road trip, we drove from Omaha, Nebraska to Davenport, Iowa/Moline, Illinois where my grandma and aunt live. My dad had flew to meet us. The afternoon we arrived was spent at my aunt's house with grandma, my cousins, etc. It was fun to be around extended family and laugh at memories from growing up.

Day 4 we went out to breakfast with my Aunt Gwen and Grandma at the Iowa Machine Shed which is one of my favorite places to eat breakfast (plus my grandma really likes it too!). After breakfast we took a wagon ride behind a tractor around the parking lot.Then it was off to see my grandma's farm where she found a four-leaf clover for the kids.


Next was a visit to the John Deere Pavilion where we saw lots of trucks and tractors.  Jack loves John Deere tractors and is a big fan of the All About John Deere video series.  It was difficult for me not to buy everything in the gift shop for him.  I managed to get out of there with only a tractor and hay baler for Jack and a wagon and farm animals for Kate.  I also bought a CD of John Deere music which we listened to no less than 1000 times over the rest of the trip.

That evening we took the kids down to the bike path that runs along the Mississippi river.  The kids rode their bikes while I did a short run.  We closed out the evening catching lightning bugs in my aunt's backyard.  The kids were thrilled as they had never seen lightning bugs.  Too dry in Colorado!


2 comments:

Marie Green said...

I'm impressed by how much stuff you are doing on your road trips, but still seem so relaxed! Also, my daughters have the exact dress that Kate is wearing. We actually have that dress in several prints: purchased at the Medford Outlet Mall, for only about $5 a piece.

Penny said...

oh boy - Tim and Jack would be good mates then. Tim is a John Deere (and any farm implement especially combine harvesters) fan.