Saturday, August 01, 2009

Best Places To Live

I still intend to blog about the rest of our road trip (mostly because I want to share photos!) but getting back into our groove at home hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be.  Plus we are on the countdown to school starting.

I went for a run this morning in the Garden of the Gods.  It has been cool enough (actually downright cold!) that I didn't have to go super early so there were already plenty of tourists in the park.  Whenever I am traveling somewhere that I think is really cool, I always watch the people around me who I assume live there and think how lucky they are to be able to run/walk/hike/swim/bike/relax/whatever in that amazing place.  This morning I felt like one of those people I always watch.  Someone who lives so close to this amazing place and can enjoy it whenever I like.  Wonder if any of those tourists were envious.

Apparently the word is getting out that this is a great place to live.  Outside Magazine just ranked our town #1 on its list of America's Best Cities.

No comments: