Thursday, July 02, 2009

What Is This?

Another busy week!  Lots of activities for the kids and then my friend Jennifer and her little boy Sam were visiting from Dallas.  We should them all the sites... the zoo, Garden of the Gods, the Penny Arcade in Manitou Springs, etc.  We'll be sad to see them leave.

Tonight a friend dropped off their CSA share since he is going to be out of town and can't use it.  I was pretty happy to see the kale, beets, rhubarb, and cilantro, but this veggie has me stumped.  Can anyone tell me what it is?  And then maybe you can also tell me what to do with it?

The mysterious veggie modeled by our friend Sam

4 comments:

Penny said...

looks like a green version of kohl rabi. I'm not sure exactly what to do with it since I've never prepared it myself but I think you can eat it raw, grated up like a salad vege.

Marie Green said...

Hmmm, not sure, but does the CSA have a website or blog that you know of? Ours has weekly newletters including what's in our share. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Fennel????

Pierrette said...

It's kohlrabi, for recepies:

http://www.tastespotting.com/search/kohlrabi/1