Thursday, July 09, 2009

Summer Road Trip - Day 1

From home to Gothenburg, Nebraska
Kate, Jack, my mom, me and more than we need in the car
350+ miles
5+ hours
2 rest stops (the second only about 30 min after the first)
Uncountable hay bales and cows
Visit at my Great Uncle Morris's house
Dinner at my second cousin John's farm
Dessert of Dilly Bars for the kids and fresh picked mulberries over ice cream for the adults
Tractor rides for the kids
Most amazing sunset I've seen in awhile
Forgot my good camera at the hotel, but cell phone pictures to follow soon

Tomorrow's agenda: swimming at the hotel, tour of the Pony Express station, visit to the cemetery where my grandparents are buried, and a long drive to Omaha

1 comment:

Rana said...

YAY!!! I'm glad you guys are having fun =) Sounds like a pretty eventful trip already! Be safe, don't want any broken feet this time around.
Hugs and kisses to all of you!
-Rana