Sunday, June 21, 2009

Strawberry Picking

Last week Ashlee and I took the kids strawberry picking at Berry Patch Farms.  It was so much fun.  I couldn't stop telling Ashlee how much fun I was having.  The kids did great picking (and mostly eating) strawberries.  It is an organic farm, so we could just pick and eat strawberries in the field.  I picked two flats worth and have kept busy using them up this week.  I'll have to share some of the recipes I've been using.

Jack anxiously waiting for the tractor
Kate munching a berry she just picked
Ashlee and kids picking
Kate and Bode debating the ripeness of the berries
Me with the kids (Jack is over it)

6 comments:

Mel said...

There is nothing better than picking your own strawberries (and dreaming of doing it whilst in the middle of winter in New Zealand!)

Penny said...

mmmm... strawberries. You going to make jam?

ashlee said...

yummmmmmmmm. such a good time!

KiwiLog said...

Hi! We just wanted to let you know that we loved your post and decided to feature it on KiwiLog's weekly mom blog round up. Thanks, and keep doing what you're doing!

Kelly said...

Oh gosh, I love strawberry picking!! It's end of season for us here in FL though. We're on to blueberries!

Angela Miller said...

Yumm! I just picked up 2 flats of strawberries from a local farm here. I spent the day yesterday making jam and getting berries in the freezer and dehydrator. I still want to try making some fruit leathers in the dehydrator.