Monday, June 22, 2009

Strawberry Avocado Salad

This is one of my favorite summer salads, and we have had it several times with all our strawberries.  I served it with baked fish, ham steak, or quiche and made roasted rosemary potatoes on the side.  I also used baby greens that I picked to thin out my lettuce planting.



Strawberry Avocado Salad

1 cup sliced strawberries (or more!)
1 avocado, diced
2 cups torn salad greens
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Toss in bowl and drizzle with following dressing.

3-4 T honey
2T olive oil
1T cider vinegar
1T lemon juice
Salt and pepper

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Well, all except for the avocado, that looks really yummy!

aussiehen said...

It looks delicious, shame about the pecans - hubby is allergic to tree nuts :-(

I meant to say thanks for the skillet gnocchi recipe a while back we really enjoyed it

Teegan said...

This sounds amamzing! I am making this for ladies night on Thursday. Sure to be a big hit. Thanks for the recipe!