Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I remember getting emails before Earth Day discussing the idea of NOT celebrating Earth Day because "every day is Earth Day" or some other similar reasoning. And while I agree that we should be thankful for the Earth every day, I couldn't help but think that the same reasoning could be applied to Mother's Day. I certainly think that mothers should be appreciated every day of the year, but I also like having a special day to celebrate being a mother.

My Mother's Day was close to perfect. I woke up early and headed out to a 5K race despite the cool, overcast weather (I'll try to write about my race later today). I came home to still-sleepy children and lots of hugs and kisses. We had some lazy time then got dressed and headed to the zoo for Mother's Day brunch. The zoo was a bit more crowded than I expected, but most of the visitors were not there for brunch. The food was good and one of the peacocks was happily showing his colors to all the brunchers.
Back at home, Matt took Jack out for a run (Jack rides his bike) while Kate and I spent some quality time sewing a simple skirt/shirt outfit for her (I'll do another post on that as well). Later, Matt made me my late afternoon tea while I watched Sound of Music with the kids on TV. Matt also made us a fabulous dinner (but set off all the fire alarms in the house in the process! LOL) and put the kids to bed. All in all it was just right.
Hope you also had a splendid Mother's Day.
PS - got the shirt Jack is wearing for 75 cents at the ARC! I'm becoming an amazing thrift store shopper. At least for kids clothes...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a great!!

Penny said...

Rod said I got "what all women would ever what" from him, namely a hug and a kiss. ;)

Him romantic? no-absolutely way!