Sunday, May 17, 2009

Incline

It was an absolutely gorgeous Colorado day, and unfortunately poor Matt had to work.  He came home late afternoon, and I had a babysitter come over so that we could go out and enjoy
 the evening together.  We decided to head over to Manitou Springs to do the Incline.  The Incline is an old cog railway that is now a popular place to exercise.  It is about a mile up (almost straight up!) and 4 miles back down the trail.  It is killer.  Even obviously fit athletes are huffing and puffing on the incline.  I usually get off at the half way point, but tonight I made it all the way to the top!  I had to take several long rests (Matt would keep going up and down while I rested.  Showoff.) mostly because I am a wimp when it comes to any exertion (I always have an excuse... too cold, too hot, too windy, too hungry, too tired, I'm going to puke, my legs hurt, my knees hurt, my lungs hurt, my right pinkie finger hurts...).  Currently you have to trespass to do the incline (although it is always crowded), but hopefully that is soon to change.

View from the highway. See that gouge in the mountain?  That's the incline.

View from the incline.  See how steep it is??

5 comments:

Gray Matters said...

That's beautiful - and very steep! Good Job!

Penny said...

riiiight. don't ask me to climb it ;)
Good on you though!

Tiffany said...

You walked up that?!?!? Did the kids?? I would be too scared to go back down!

Kristin C. said...

uggghghgghghghghggggg!!

horrifying.

Mel said...

What an awesome workout - feel proud!