Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Tears

Just a few minutes ago I was puttering in the kitchen when Kate walked in on the verge of tears. My first thought was that Jack had offended her in some way (easily done!), and then I was flooded with guilt as I remembered that I had intended to fix her a snack and had gotten side tracked (also easily done!).

"Kate, why are you upset? Are you hungry?" I quickly asked, "Do you need a snack?"

Kate burst into tears and said, "No, Mommy, I'm... just... so... so... happy. That's why I'm crying."

She sobbed into my shoulder for a minute or so then took her snack and ran happily off to play. Knowing my daughter's feels such joy in life brings me to tears. Like mother, like daughter.

1 comment:

Angela Miller said...

It is great to see you back in the blogging world! I have missed reading updates about you and your family.