Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wildlife Sighting

This afternoon while I was on the phone, Kate hollered to me, "Mom, there is a fox in our backyard. What has he got?" I looked out and saw a decent sized fox sitting in the middle of our back lawn while gnawing on a squirrel (lovely image, no?). Unfortunately, he ran off with his squirrel before I could snap a photo. We know that there are a decent number of fox in our neighborhood, but we haven't seen any in our yard until this week. I thought that the way our house is situated was keeping them away. This is the third fox sighting this week, and today it seems that this fox is fairly comfortable hanging out in our backyard.

Now normally I would think that such proximity to a fox would be really cool and a great learning experience. In fact, I think we'll go to the library this week to check out some books on fox. But this fox has me freaked out.

Why? Because I happen to have a little dog that isn't much bigger than that squirrel...

3 comments:

Penny said...

oh.

I see why you might be concerned. ;-)

Jen said...

Eeeek!!!!!

Marie Green said...

OH NO! Poor little Nina Sprinkles! What ARE you going to do?