Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Menu Plan

My cooking really slacked off during our move and over the holidays so I need to get back into the Monday Menu Plan. I did much better this last week, but it always helps to have a plan. I still find that it is easiest for our family's lifestyle to only plan 3-4 meals/week as we usually have at least one night of leftovers, one night out, and one spontaneous or "I don't feel like really cooking" meal. Last week's meals looked like this:

Sunday - BBQ turkey sandwiches with my mother-in-law's homemade pickles (yum!)

Monday - Pasta shells stuffed with tofu (the recipe I tried wasn't that great, but I like the concept so I want to find a better one)

Tuesday - Roasted Chicken, roasted carrots and potatoes, homemade bread (made 2 chickens
& 2 loaves of bread to give one to a friend that had been in the hospital)

Wednesday - Leftover Chicken, Apple-Blue Cheese Spinach Salad (recipe below), Homemade Bread (remind me to post about the awesome bread I have been making from Artisan Breads in 5 Minutes A Day)

Thursday - Penne Pasta with Rao's Marinara

Friday - Take-Out Pizza

Saturday - Kids had toast and fruit (they didn't feel well), Matt had leftovers, and I had a night out with the girls!

Also made in our kitchen last week:
Banana Cranberry Muffins
Homemade Applesauce
Four Bean Salad
Spaghetti Squash
Homemade Yogurt
Krispy Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tentative Meal Plan for This Week:
Chili Colorado with Corn Spoon Bread
Chicken Cacciatore over Polenta
Lentil and Brown Rice Soup

Apple-Blue Cheese Salad

Place in Salad Bowl:
Mixed Greens
1-2 Fugi apples
Handful of toasted walnuts
Blue Cheese crumbles

Toss with Dressing:
3T olive oil
2T Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 small clove garlic
salt/pepper

4 comments:

Penny said...

Sounds good. My menu planning has fallen by the wayside although I do try and think ahead.

Ashlee said...

good for you! i'm going to have to try that salad. right after i polish off this bag of oreos...

Just another SAHM said...

Mmm apples & blue cheese...love that combo!
I've been wondering about that Artisan Bread book. I've heard some really good things about it but am not the best with yeast (it seems to think I'm the enemy). Do you love it & get the results you want?

PopMom said...

I've been looking for a good banana muffin recipe. Could you post the Banana Cranberry Muffins?