Saturday, January 17, 2009

Family Update

One of the reasons I started this blog was not only to talk about "going green" but also to keep family and friends updated on our life and to document a bit of our life for my own memory (since I am certainly not doing it with baby books or scrapbooks!). I am going to attempt a weekly summary of what is happening in our family unless it is a profoundly boring week. Normally we aren't quite this busy, but happenings this week...

-Kate and Jack are in birthday party season. We are attending parties 2 Saturdays in a row with more coming up. I wasn't planning on doing a party for Kate until she was in kindergarten, but I'm not sure I can get out of it this year.
-Nina Sprinkles got "fixed" last Tuesday. No Nina Sprinklets are possible now.
- Both kids started back to swim lessons twice a week. We quit at the beginning of last summer since lessons get crowded and we were at the pool a lot anyway. I was going to sign them up in the fall, but I was a bit of a procrastinator. Kate is swimming entire laps of the pool now, and Jack just likes to goof off in the water but is *almost* bobbing under the water of his own accord.
- Matt worked nights all last week. It is always nice to have him around during the day.
- Matt and I started seriously looking at school options for kindergarten next year.
- Kate moved up from Preschool to Level One gymnastics this week. She was VERY nervous about joining the "bigger" girls (I think she thought she was joining the "team" as she mentioned to me that she can't do any flips yet...). She held her own in the new class (she is as tall as the 6 yr olds in class!) and came out beaming with pride and joy. Jack is continuing in the preschool gymnastics class. He loves it as long as they don't do the same thing for too long. His favorites are the trampoline and the foam pit.
- Matt also got to go to Crested Butte this week for a bit of guys' skiing.
- I had two nights out - playgroup moms' holiday party (we always do it in Jan) & documentary movie night
- We met Shannon & kids for dinner one evening (we try to get together when the hubbies are working similar hours)
- We hosted playgroup at our house despite our lack of furniture... just more room for the kids to run around!
- We had some great weather this week, so the kids got out in the back yard lots and we even spent an afternoon at the park.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are staying so busy. I wish I could get Mikayla to take swim lessons because she is now getting scared of the water but the only swim lessons offered are in the middle of the day while I am working. Oh wait - I just lost my job maybe I can get her lessons but I think they will be offered while she is in preschool.

I hope Matt likes the cold! This morning in Gunnison it is -13! Joe doesn't think he will go skiing because of how cold it is. Next time you should come up with Matt so we can meet.

Penny said...

I really should see if the swim school has a space for Tim for this next term.

suzannah said...

i definitely share your view of blogging as a fully adequate replacement for baby books or scrapbooking:)

angel gurl said...

Hi Kristen, I found your blog through Penny's. I am looking forward to getting to know you more through her book blogsphere circle.