Sunday, November 02, 2008

Mouse in Our House

The moving and settling in is coming along. Not getting done quite as fast as I expected, but it is getting done none the less. We are slowly starting to get back into our routine, but I am anticipating something will come along again soon to throw us off! It always does...

About the same time we moved into our new house, a new friend arrived in our lives. His name is Mouse. He apparently lives at a Target in California (although this morning I heard that Mouse has moved into a new house in California.) It takes him 10 airplanes to get to our house to visit, and his favorite colors are purple and red. Mouse is 3 and has and older sister who is 4. He goes to preschool and likes to eat candy. I haven't figured out if Mouse is an animal or a person as Mouse is Jack's imaginary friend.

I have heard of other kids with imaginary friends, but I never really expected my kids to have one. At least not one that is so vivid, detailed, and consistent (the consistency amazes me!). I also find it interesting that Kate has accepted Mouse into our lives without hesitation. She doesn't question his existence, tease Jack, or even make up details. If she wants to know something about Mouse, she asks Jack.

I hope Mouse sticks around for awhile because I am really looking forward to the Adventures of Mouse and Jack.

7 comments:

Penny said...

oh that is sweet :)

Tim occasionally pretended to have a rabbit, but not consistently.

Geggie said...

I think imaginary friends are great! So creative...

And speaking of creative...are you doing your reduce, reuse, recycle, rejoice holiday cards this year? I'd love to order some.

xoxo

Jen said...

I love this!

PopMom said...

So cute!! I was afraid you were talking about a real mouse in the house and skeeved out for you :)

NedaAnn said...

Trinity has an imaginary friend, Allison. Allison has been in our lives for over a year now. However, she doesn't have nearly the consistency of Mouse. We've always welcomed Allison with the exception of when we are disciplining. I love the way Kate is accepting Mouse - very cool.

Stacy (mama-om) said...

First, I can't believe you moved! Congratulations...

and Mouse sounds so cute. My son's imaginary friend was "Mousie" and then later on, another friend named "Hake." My son's friend came at the same age as Jack is now -- three.

I love hearing about what my son is thinking by the way he talks about his "friends."

The Cole Mine said...

So cute. What a special little guy!