Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Nina Sometimes Sprinkles

Our puppy Nina Sprinkles is getting so much bigger... at least 4lbs now! LOL I need to put up some new photos of her. She is so darn cute! And even though she is mostly housebroken, she does occasionally live up to her name. Fortunately most of her accidents are on our hard floors, but there have been a decent number of "sprinkles" on the carpet. Fortunately I had pulled a recipe for a natural carpet stain remover recipe from a Natural Health magazine last winter. It has been working great on puppy spots!

Mix equal parts of liquid dish soap (I used Clorox Green Works - they sent me a sample of their dish soap and even though I was a bit doubtful about the products when they first launched, I admit that I like the dish soap!) and hydrogen peroxide (make sure it is relatively fresh - old stuff doesn't work as well). Apply to stain with a sponge. Blot and reapply if necessary. Use warm water to rinse (I just blot with a clean, wet towel). Allow to dry. Hopefully the stain is gone!

Check out other Works for Me Wednesday ideas at Rocks in Your Dryer.

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

good tip. i may need it for a certain playmate of B...

Sherry said...

How cool! :D I'm off to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great WFMW!
Sherry

ames said...

Great tip! While I love my pup to death, she has an anxiety problem from her previous owner. And every once in a while she happens to be over an area rug when she has an episode and well...

foxdenlife said...

I wonder how it works on poop? My poor dog had the runs and I can't seem to get the smell out. The stain is gone but if you put your nose in the carpet (not something I do on a regular basis... ;) ) it still smells. Yuck!