Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lots of Happenings

I've had a really busy week! My nephew Sonny was born on Wednesday morning, I flew to Dallas with the kids on Thursday morning (under the premise of wanting to see Sonny although I've had the tickets for months), had a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom on Saturday night, and Matt is moving us into the new house today!

I love holding and smelling the new baby! I always forget how small newborns are until they are in my arms. Kate is very enthralled with the lil' guy. Loves his little toes and keeps talking about his funny belly button.

I think my mom was genuinely surprised with her birthday party. I had told her so many fibs over the last week or so that I couldn't keep them all straight! It was a good party with lots of yummy appetizers and a German chocolate cake (my dad's favorite... *rolleyes*). It was also good to see my aunt and uncle and cousins.

Last Wednesday night was a sad one as it was the last time that the kids and I slept in our cohousing home. Matt has been working like crazy this weekend to get everything moved to the new house (for the record, I worked like crazy all last week to get the smaller items moved!). Tonight will be our first night in the new house. I'll try to get take some photos this week to share, although I imagine the place will be a disaster for quite awhile.

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

yea! glad you're all in! have fun making it yours.

Marie Green said...

Oh, how I love tiny babies! Also, I can't wait to see pictures of the new house, and to hear about how life is for your family now that you're not "co-housers"!

paint color guy said...

Good luck on your new home.. Keep the harmony within the family.. :)

PopMom said...

Nothing like the smell of new babies to make you think of when yours were that little... :)

Hope the new house 1st night went well!!

NedaAnn said...

Congrats on the new nephew. What great timing of his arrival. Congrats on the new house, also. I hope everything goes well.

Penny said...

how nice! :) Glad you got to have a cuddle.