Monday, September 08, 2008

Make It From Scratch Blog Carnival

Welcome to the Make It From Scratch Blog Carnival!
You know the old saying "Never shop when you are hungry?" I think it should be updated to "Never blog when you are hungry!" Putting all these yummy recipes together is making me hungry, and I've snacked far too much while reviewing the posts!

How I wish I had some Banana Nut Butterscotch Muffins from Teaching 4 Him. Or a slice of 11th's Heaven Homemaking Haven's 100% Whole Wheat Bread Machine Bread, maybe slathered with Crock Pot Apple Butter from Stop the Ride! Maybe I need something more substantial like Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice from Ship Full O' Pirates or a pizza with Whole Wheat Pizza Crust from Happy To Be At Home. Or something to satisfy my sweet tooth like the Black Forest Cake from Scratch from The Learning Experience or Our Red House's Rich, Creamy, Chocolate Ice Cream without an Ice Cream Maker (or Cream) or The Copyeditor's Desk's Literary Recipes: Hasty Pudding.
I was really happy to see all the great ideas for crafts for this carnival. I am planning on doing mostly homemade items for holiday gifts this year, so I need to get making! I think I am going to try several of these ideas!
I have started project from My Recycled Bags, and I can't wait to try another. Maybe her new pattern for a Mega Recycled Tote Bag made from "plarn." Another crochet (or knitting project!) was posted by It's All For the Best for Making a Simple Scarf. The best part is she is donating her scarf to a great cause.

There are also some great projects for kids. The Sojourner made An Old Fashioned Sock Monkey. Nature Moms makes Rain Sticks, and FIMBY shows us Beet Juice Painting .

There a few new-to-me projects that I would like to try. Little House in the Suburbs has Homemade Mould & Deckle for Hand Papermaking (to assist with her lily paper making from last week's carnival), or Omni-Gel Image Transfer is a project from The Spotted Sparrow. And what looks like a handy little device that I didn't know existed is explained by The Thinking Mother in Praise for the Chinois.

There are two options this week for making bags for gift giving or storage. Homemade Fabric Gift Bags with Ties from Make It From Scratch and How to Me How To Easily Make a Storage Sack. Or wouldn't it be cute to give a gift in a lunch bag? Not the Jet Set has directions on how to make one in Frugal Lunch Time Style.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the links! Be sure to check out next week's Make It From Scratch Blog Carnival at Funny About Money.

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow...it looks like there are a lot of great links and ideas to check out here. My son asked me for a sock monkey some time ago and I think it would be so fun to make one so I was happy to see a "how to" on that!

Achtung! said...

Thanks for posting this! I've added a link from my blog.

Penny said...

lots of cool projects here!

Marian said...

ALl great ideas! What a fun thing this carnaval!



www.florcita.eu

HowToMe said...

Thank you :-)

christinemm said...

Thank you for hosting this Carnival. I have linked to it. Have a great day!

Heather said...

Great job with the carnival! Thanks for including my posts!

renee said...

Thanks for hosting this week. I linked from my blog:
http://fimby.tougas.net/Make_it_from_scratch_beet_juice_painting

I enjoyed, as always, reading what everyone else is up. Such creativity.

RecycleCindy said...

Thank you for hosting this week's wonderful MIFS Carnival. I love the posts this week. Excellent stuff -- Stumbled!

Maria said...

Thanks for hosting! :)