Monday, June 09, 2008

Climbing Photos

Remember when I was in Moab and mentioned my awesome climb? Here are more photos!

This is it... Ancient Art... we climbed to the tippy top of that funky rock formation best described as "something out of a Dr. Seuss book!" Do you see how freakin' high up that is?!? We started our climb about midway up on the right side of the photo.

This is what it looked like from the bottom...

There is me after the first pitch. Amanda, our guide, is up on the next ledge, and Hannah is doing her climb. I'm so glad they went first...Here is me starting my climb up the chimney.And this is where I got stuck and didn't think I could go any further...But with a hand jam and a good "umph!" I finally got past it...And this is a photo of one of the climbers after us while we were hiking back. It is a good view of our route. See that little climber on that hump of rock? That was us about an hour before.

Here's Hannah belaying down, down, down... almost 200 feet!Look at those arm muscles!! (I should take a close-up of one of my cute lil' shoulder muscles that has really developed since I started working out a couple months ago)

We did it! Way to go!

11 comments:

Penny said...

*shivers* you are brave!

Dawn said...

I think I would be terrified! That looks so beautiful though and you have so much to be proud of!

Mom2Cass said...

INCREDIBLE!!

One of our friends named their puppy Moab. ;)

Great pics!

Stacy

Anna said...

Wow! You're one brave woman! Way to go!

The Cole Mine said...

No way, not me, never - way too high.

I bow to your bravery.

:)

Colorado Knitter said...

Lookin' good Kristen! Makes me think I should hold onto my climbing shoes. Who knows, maybe someday I'll get back to it.

Everyday Yogini said...

You are one bad-ass, brave, Mama!! I'm definitely impressed! Way to go...

PopMom said...

Wow! What an awesome experience. Good for you!

Tiffany said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Gray Matters said...

I'm so impressed!

Jen said...

WOW! I'm speechless!...Uber impressive!