Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Organic Weed Killer?

Yup. I always thought it was a contradiction in terms. I'm willing to pull up most easy weeds, but we have bindweed around our home. It is a noxious weed, and the stuff is actually supposed to be stimulated by being pulled out! So I admit it. I've been spraying it with synthetic chemicals because I haven't found anything else that works. And, yes, I know about vinegar (regular household vinegar won't work - it has to be a stronger concentration to kill weeks) and blackout fabric (it grows around the fabric!) and goats (LOL for those in the know!) I'm telling you that none of it has worked on this crazy bindweed.

So when I heard about Nature's Avenger, I immediately wanted to try it. It is made with a citrus oil that strips off the plants waxy cuticle and causes dehydration. It is approved for organic use and listed with ORMI. I'll let you know how it works on my bindweed!

If you want to see if Nature's Avenger works on your weeds, use discount code wwmag for 15% off your purchase on the Nature's Avenger website.

6 comments:

ames said...

Ooh, please do let us know how it goes. We have an ongoing battle with dandelions and I never feel good about using the chemical stuff...

Angela Miller said...

I would love to know how it works! Chris has been spraying for dandelions and I hate it. It scares me when Keegan is running around barefoot in the yard.

Green Me said...

I also have a bindweed battle going on a very small scale. Perfectly Natural (they sell it at Vitamin Cottage down here) does seem to kill it up front, but I don't know about forever. I am going to have to look into the theory that pulling it up stimulates it...that is a scary suggestion!

The Cole Mine said...

Oh do let me know how it worked...We went through a whole bottle of organic Burn Out (http://www.planetnatural.com/site/burnout-weed-killer.html) and it did NOT work like I had hoped...

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

i just got a bottle of this to review myself. we have a ton of dandelions in the yard & i'm looking forward to putting it to the test.

Ashlee said...

i have some neighbors who are in serious need of this stuff. seriously addicted to roundup!

let us know how it works.