Thursday, May 29, 2008

Amazing Day

The day was amazing in more ways than one, but yesterday I went rock climbing here in Moab with Matt's cousin Hannah and Amanda, the same awesome, rock climbing guide I used last year (she guides with Cliffs and Canyons and really is the best rock climbing guide/teacher ever!).

I learned to rock climb on a women's beginning rock climbing weekend over my 34th birthday almost 2 years ago. I was very proud of myself for taking up the sport "later" in life and after having 2 children. I've been a few times a year (not enough!)since then including the outdoor sport climbing I did with Amanda (and a larger group) last year. Amanda really taught me a lot last year. We exchanged phone numbers and emails and have exchanged several emails since last year.

So this year when I told her we were coming back to Utah, she suggested that we do a tower climb together. I was a bit doubtful, but she assured me that the climb is more about attitude than technical ability. So I signed Hannah and myself up to do the trip. We left early yesterday morning and headed out to the Ancient Art tower. All I can say is, "Holy Cow!" See those yellow dots in the photo? That is the route we followed. See that yellow dot at the tippy top of that funky shaped tower? I sat up there! It was a crazy adrenaline rush, and I am so impressed with myself. I am really glad that Hannah was with me otherwise I might have chickened out. I can't wait to get home and post my own photos!

7 comments:

Marie Green said...

Wow. I am so impressed.

Dawn said...

You're amazing!

The Cole Mine said...

Wow! That is truly amazing! You should be so proud for learning something new and totally conquering it!

Everyday Yogini said...

That is so amazing, Kristen!! Way to go...

Penny said...

far out! I'd be peeing myself...

NedaAnn said...

Oh my I have butterflies just looking at the photo. Go you!! I can only imagine how beautiful it was.

Ashlee said...

awesome--you rock!

any interest in kayaking?