Thursday, April 10, 2008

Keeping Warm

After our last swim lesson, I was feeling a bit rushed and tired. We had all showered in the locker room, I was dressed, Jack was finally dressed, but Kate was still dripping wet and curled up in a ball on the floor under her towel.

Me: Kate, let's go. It is time to get dressed.

Kate: Mommy, I'm c-o-l-d!

Me: Well, let's get your clothes on so you'll warm up.

Kate: I need something warmer than my undies and my clothes.

Me, feeling really exasperated: Kate, I don't have anything warmer than your clothes...

Kate: Yes you do. Your snuggles are warmer than my clothes.

Enough to melt even the iciest heart, no?

8 comments:

shokufeh said...

Cute! Kids do love them some snuggles. And they are really good at getting them. The other day MrMan told me his stomach hurt. I offered him some water. He countered with a snuggle.

Dawn said...

My heart would melt with that sweet comment also ;)

AmyBow said...

ohhh...she's good. My daughter knows that giving daddy unsolicited kisses is a way to get anything she wants. It is nice when everyone likes the results though:)

Penny said...

ahhhh...

Rebecca said...

Aww, that's precious :)

village mama said...

that's beautiful ;-)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

that's the sweetest thing. :)

Piecake said...

That's the joy part of having kids!