Sunday, April 13, 2008

Brown Thumb

Our seedlings have been doing so well. The kids have faithfully watered them every few days, and it has been great fun watching everything sprout. I was very surprised that every pot sprouted despite being planted by preschoolers.

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day, and I decided to put the seedlings on the back porch to get lots of healthy sunshine (they get adequate, but not great sunlight when inside). And then I forgot about them. And then it froze last night. Just not sure how I am going to break the news to the kids...

5 comments:

Colorado Knitter said...

Oh no! I have done this before. Good try.

Penny said...

Oh no!

Is it too late to plant more seeds?

Everyday Yogini said...

I second Penny's comment... is it too late?

Or, can you just go buy starts (cheat)?

The Cole Mine said...

I have done this very thing with annuals...Don't feel too bad...Maybe you could do a quick swap on a few of the plants and the kids won't notice? Maybe some will come back?

GreenStyleMom said...

The plants are definitely gone. I think one seedling that was just emerging *might* still make it. We'll just get some seedlings from the garden store. Less work for me until then! :)