Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Big Changes

Matt and I had a big talk last night, and we have decided to make some big changes in our house. Enough is enough. Here is some of what we are planning on doing...
  • Switching back to regular lightbulbs and leaving every light in the house on all the time. It is nice to be able to see where you are going in the middle of the night plus we don't want to expend all that effort to turn lights on and off.
  • All trash is going into one bag. This sorting the recycling is too complicated.
  • Enough of spending so much money on organic foods. And while we are at it, we are going to start limiting our fresh foods. Bring on the processed stuff!
  • No more riding bikes. The kids are too heavy to pull. Besides I don't want the kids exposed to so much fresh air.
  • We are on the hunt for a new house. Preferably one well over 8000 square feet.
  • We are tired of being cold. We are cranking the heat and wearing our summer clothes all winter!
  • Going to start asking for plastic bags at the grocery. And have you noticed how they put far too many things in one sack? We'll ask that there only be one or two items per bag.

Are you a little surprised? Maybe you should look at the date on the calendar...

7 comments:

Stretch Mark Mama said...

Double bag your iceberg lettuce! Take long drives around town!

Okay, thanks for that. That was the first April Fools post of the day I actually enjoyed!

Everyday Yogini said...

Tee Hee!!! What forward thinking changes... :)

Dawn said...

;) Happy April Fool's Day!

The Cole Mine said...

LOL!

Colorado Knitter said...

Oh I've got one! I took my canvas bags to the store today, wasn't paying attention and the "Courtesy Clerk" individually bagged my meat packages. Brilliant! Way to cancel my efforts! Might as well give up.
Don't forget to throw out all those bulbs in your single bag of garbage.

Penny said...

Yah well don't forget to spray all your new seedlings with pesticide eh?

village mama said...

I was about to start crying, as I read further down the list I kept thinking 'why'?!?!!!! You got me GOOD!