Sunday, March 02, 2008

Waldorf-Inspired Dolls

I didn't do any projects with the kids this week (but we have several planned for this week!). Instead I thought I'd share this Waldorf-inspired doll project that we did awhile back that I never posted. I got this idea from one of my favorite blogs Renaissance Mama. I didn't photo document the process as well as I should have, but I think all you smart, creative moms will be able to figure it out.
The supplies are pretty simple. The wooden peg dolls sell at Michael's for 99 cents. I got several sizes to try. Everything else we used was scraps - felt, yarn, mini pom-poms, and pipe cleaners.

Cut out a felt rectangle and glue it around the body. For a cape, cut a rectangle a bit shorter and glue that at the neckline. Kate wanted a prince and a princess, so we glued on some yarn for hair and pipe cleaners for crowns. For Jack's dolls, I cut out a round piece of felt, wrapped it around to form a tall hat (what are those called?? Mommy brain tonight...) and glued on some mini pom-poms.
The kids love them. Kate's dolls live in her dollhouse. Jack's dolls drive in his wooden train. I can't wait to add to our little doll families!






9 comments:

Colorado Knitter said...

Love the dolls ~**~

Dawn said...

Those turned out so cute! I love the prince and princess idea, that makes me want to make more!

Everyday Yogini said...

Those are so cute! What kind of glue do you use? I wonder if I can get those little peg dolls here... I'll have to look!

tips and tricks said...

Those are cute. I'm sure the kids had fun while making them. Thanks for participating in MIFS.

shokufeh said...

These are great!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

LOVE THIS!

By the way, you've been tagged. When you have time. Or not. No pressure. ;)

The Cole Mine said...

So creative!!

RecycleCindy said...

Such a cute and simple craft that children can enjoy and be creative with. Great project!

Rose said...

So cute! I wish I could see my 3yo having the patience for this kind of stuff. Just FYI, you can get the dolls here or here for about 25รง each. You'd have to buy a bunch of stuff to make it worth the shipping, I suppose, but they do have LOTS of cool wooden things for crafting.... :-)