Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tired Boy

We are up in the mountains skiing this weekend. It is warm and the skiing conditions are great.

Yesterday afternoon we took the kids up the lift for some real skiing. This is the first winter of skiing for both of them, and usually we just take them out on the flat area behind our place. Kate has been up the lift to ski with Matt, but this was Jack's first time. He loved being up so high! I initially skied with Kate, but about midway down Jack was getting a little cranky and wanted to ski with me. To ski with Jack, we put him between our skis while he holds on to a ski pole that is parallel to the ground. I was zooming down the run when I noticed that Jack was getting a little heavy and really leaning on the pole. I looked down, and Jack was asleep! Sound asleep. He actually fell asleep skiing! Matt picked Jack up and skied home holding him. Jack slept the whole way.

The lil' guy must have been really tired because he fell asleep during dinner also. I have a little video of Jack falling asleep at dinner that I'll post when we get home tonight.

8 comments:

Everyday Yogini said...

That is amazing! Falling asleep while skiing... talk about tired! It sounds like you are having a terrific weekend! Enjoy the snow.

AnnieM said...

That is the cutest thing ever!
i just read this out loud to my husband and we were giggling. We live just 5 minutes from a ski hill and want to start the kids next year.

Dawn said...

What a cute story! Of all places to fall asleep, I would have never thought it was possible while skiing. My son tends to play very hard and then just conk out suddenly.

village mama said...

this is such a sweet and unforgettable story, one I'm sure he'll hear over and over and over as the years go by!

Tiffany said...

How cute!!! We attempted to take Mikayla skiing last year but it did not go so well. It was her nap time. We need to get her out this year but we have wanted to wait until this time of year when it got warmer. If we don't get out soon the ski resort will be closed.

Penny said...

Awww! That is sweet :)

Mom2Cass said...

What a hoot that he actually fell asleep! He must have been really tuckered out. ;) So cute.

Stacy

Tiffany said...

I was just wondering where do you go skiing?