Monday, March 17, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Monday - EV's Veggies

Tuesday - Maple Glazed Salmon with Pineapple served over brown rice - I added broccoli to the recipe to green it up a bit. I left out the jalapeno because of the kids. The dish was good, but not great. Missing something. I'm going to try it again soon, and I'll try also adding red pepper.

Wednesday - Homemade Pizza - usually I use this whole wheat pizza dough for the crust, but forgot to make it in time, so I used some premade whole wheat dough I had in the freezer. Not as good as fresh made. We topped our pizzas with marinara sauce, spinach, fresh pineapple (leftover from Tues night), and mozzarella cheese

Thursday - Kids' Meal - Grilled Cheese - Matt and I had sushi with some friends

Friday - Take-out pizza in the car while doing a last minute drive into the mountains to beat a snowstorm

Saturday - Nacho Potatoes - I used sliced fingerling potatoes and topped the dish with fresh diced tomatoes. The whole family loved it. (This was supposed to be the Thurs night kids' meal!)

Sunday - After late arrival home from skiing - Tortellini with Rao's marinara

Not many ideas for this week. Definitely corned beef with red potatoes and carrots tonight. I'd also like to roast a chicken. I also want to try a tofu salad recipe from my sister, but probably for a lunch instead of dinner.

5 comments:

geekypoet said...

Nacho potatoes - I wouldn't have thought of it! It sounds great.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a yummy week of eating.

Dawn said...

I'll be trying those nacho potatoes, sounds good!

Penny said...

I haven't managed a plan this week. But i have a new foodie mag so will probably try some things from that.

Meredith A. said...

I really want to try EV's Veggies... next week it is going on our menu plan!