Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Gatha

About 6 weeks ago, I had a bit of a self-confidence shake. It really bothered me for a few days until I had a revelation (in the shower no less - about the only place I can actually think!). I was inspired to write a Gatha like my friend Nona is so good at doing. The moment I felt my mind wandering to the experience and my insecure feelings, I would repeat the Gatha to myself. I was amazed at how it helped me let go. At the time I shared it with Nona but didn't feel the need/want to share it on my blog.

Similar feelings surfaced today. Although the feelings are unrelated to my previous experience, I pulled the Gatha back out and thought I'd share.

I understand my fear of rejection
But I vow in this moment
Not to allow my fear
To dictate who I am.

6 comments:

Penny said...

{hugs}

The Cole Mine said...

Sounds like you had a rough day...Sorry and echo penny.

Love the gatha and maybe it'll help to know others feel this way sometimes too.

Dawn said...

Those are wise words. I'm sorry you're having a tough time.

Everyday Yogini said...

It sounds like a rough day, Kristen. ((hugs)) to you. I am glad the gathas are comforting. I find them to be invaluable.

village mama said...

hooray for your wise shower revelation!

PopMom said...

Hang in there! Do something today that makes you feel really good and capable and maybe it will balance out the other feelings!